While being under an agreement with DJV-COM Company, we were engaged to promote the D-Mesh wireless communication technology for smart metering in Western European countries. In September 2013 we made the first presentation to UK DECC (Department of energy and climate change) at technology open day.
The working principle of the Balance System (D-Mesh communication technology) is based on building multiple wireless networks with mesh networking typology. All the hardware are set-up prior to installation, so it takes minimum time to install them on customer premises (plug and play). Each network will have:
- 1 concentrator J100UC (mandatory);
- up to 250 radio-modules D100FC with routing/repeater capability switched on;
- up to 250 radio-modules D100FC with routing/repeater capability switched off (non-compulsory);
- own settings and identifications.
Radio-module D100FC works as a 2-way communication end-device and as router/repeater for neighbor modules (so no necessity to install separate repeaters). The 2-way communication allows additional controls such as full or partial disconnection/connection of utilities. Module D100FC is powered by 1 lithium battery AA er14505 2400 ма/h, which lasts for 6 years. The module could be supplied as external part (supports up to 3 metering units within 0.5m-0.8m radius) or as internal part installed into the meter. The module has the capability to read the metering data from controller or pulse sensor. Data is packed every hour (or 1/2 hour) and is send daily through the neighboring routers/repeaters network or directly to the concentrator (through closed protocol). The data could also be collected and send "on-request".
Concentrator J100UC requires external source of power 220 – 240 v /1.8 wh. There is an alternative version, powered by solar battery. The concentrator collects the data from radio-modules and transmits it further to the server through GSM / GPRS standardized protocol.
Advantages of D-Mesh technology:
- D-Mesh supports 315, 433, 868, 915, 2400 MHz working frequencies. The recommended frequency is 433 MHz, where a single network, could cover an area up to 10 km, that is twice bigger as 868 MHz;
- The radio-modules work as a 2-way communicator and router/repeater (with no separate repeaters-devices being required) and has the capability to upgrade the firmware remotely. These are powered by 1 battery each, which lasts for 6 years.
- Competitive prices for hardware and total project cost, free software and database integration;
- Ability to identify the leakages, thefts and other losses;
- The cost of project implementation could be covered by savings on losses during 5-7 years;
Additional information is described on the following web-sites:
- D-Mesh - efficient solution for Smart Metering
For more information please Contact Us.